아뉴팜 사만타 Anupam Samanta
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Assessing the temporal dynamics of (past) climate/vegetation patterns using isotopic and geochemical signatures of sedimentary deposits
- Trace elemental compositions of speleothems in understanding paleo-hydrological regime
- Constraining the role of vegetation/human-induced land use pattern in regulating chemical weathering intensity and Critical Zone processes
- Chemical oceanography: redox state of the water column, depositional environment
- Bio-essential/redox-sensitive trace metal cycling: quantifying the sources and sinks
|2022||Ph.D. Earth and Climate Science, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune, India|
|2015||M.Sc. Applied Geology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India|
|2013||B.Sc. Geological Sciences, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India|
|2023||Present||Postdoctoral Research Fellow, IBS Center for Climate Physics, Busan, Korea|
|2022||2023||Research Associate, CCCR, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune, India|
|2017||2020||Teaching Assistant, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune, India|
|2015||2016||Mining Geologist, Hindustan Zinc Limited, India|
Fellowships, Awards, and Honors
|2022||European Association of Geochemistry | Student Sponsorship for EGU2022*|
|2022||Infosys Foundation IISER Pune | Travel Support for EGU2022*|
|2022||Scivic Engineering India Pvt. Ltd and Innoplexus Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd | Economic Support|
|2022||Speleothem Isotopes Synthesis and Analysis (SISAL) Working Group and Past Global Changes (PAGES) | Travel and Accommodation Support for SISAL 5th Workshop in Jerusalem*|
|2021 - 2022||IISER Pune | Extended Fellowship Program Grant|
|2016 - 2021||University Grants Commission, India | Research Fellowship|
|2015||University of California, Riverside, USA | Geoscience Education Contest|
|2014||International Association of Mathematical Geosciences | Travel Support for 3rd YES Congress, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania|
- A.M. Lone, S.P. Singh, R.A. Shah, H. Achyuthan, N. Ahmad, A. Qasim, G.R. Tripathy, A. Samanta, and P. Kumar, 2022. The late Holocene hydroclimate variability in the Northwest Himalaya: Sedimentary clues from the Wular Lake, Kashmir Valley. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 229, 105184.
- A. Samanta, G.R. Tripathy, B.N. Nath, R. Bhushan, R. Panchang, N. Bharti, and A. Shrivastava, 2022. Holocene variability in chemical weathering and ocean redox state: A reconstruction using sediment geochemistry of the Arabian Sea. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 224, 105029.
- A. Samanta, G.R. Tripathy, A.T. Pradeep, and A. Mandal, 2021. Major ion chemistry of two cratonic rivers in the Tropics: Weathering rates and their controlling factors. Hydrological Processes, 35, 2, e14035.
- A. Samanta, G.R. Tripathy, and R. Das, 2019. Temporal variations in water chemistry of the (lower) Brahmaputra River: Implications to seasonality in mineral weathering. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems, 20, 2769-2785.
- M. Joshi, A. Samanta, G.R. Tripathy, and S. Rajamani, 2017. Formation and stability of prebiotically relevant vesicular systems in terrestrial geothermal environments. Life, 7, 51, 1-14.