Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Ocean biogeochemical modelling
- Oceanic biophysical interactions associated with the monsoons and large-scale climatic oscillations
- Longterm variability of primary productivity in the tropical oceans
- Impact of ocean biological feedbacks on the climate
- Climate modelling
- Human evolution
|2020||Ph.D. in Climate Science, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, India|
|2013||M.Sc. (Engg.) in Climate Science, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru,India|
|2009||M. Sc. in Physical Oceanography, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala, India|
|2007||B. Sc. in Physics, C. M. S. college, Kerala, India|
|2021||-||Postdoctoral Research Fellow, IBS Center for Climate Physics, Busan, South Korea|
|2020||2021||Research Associate, Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, Indian Institute of Science, India|
|2014||2015||Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, Indian Institute of Science, India|
|2009||2010||Project Assistant, Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, Indian Institute of Science, India|
Fellowships, Awards, and Honors
|2013||Institute award for the best M. Sc. (Engg.) thesis in Climate Science from Indian Institute of Science, India|
|2009||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences|
- R. Prasanth, V. Vijith, V. Thushara, Jenson V. George, and P. N. Vinayachandran (2021), Processes governing the seasonality of vertical chlorophyll-a distribution in the central Arabian Sea: Bio-Argo observations and ecosystem model simulation, Deep Sea Research Part II, Tropical Studies in Oceanography, 183, 104926. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsr2.2021.104926
- Thushara, V. and P. N. Vinayachandran (2020), Anomalous chlorophyll blooms in the southeastern Arabian Sea during an extreme negative Indian Ocean Dipole, Geophysical Research Letters, 47, e2019GL085026. https://doi.org/10.1029/2019GL085026
- P. Amol, Suchandan Bemal, D. Shankar, V. Jain, V. Thushara, V. Vijith, and P. N. Vinayachandran (2020), Modulation of chlorophyll concentration by downwelling Rossby waves during the winter monsoon in the southeastern Arabian Sea, Progress in Oceanography, 186, 102365, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pocean.2020.102365
- Thushara, V., Vinayachandran, P. N, Adrian J. Matthews, Benjamin G. M. Webber, and Bastien Y. Queste (2019), Vertical distribution of chlorophyll in dynamically distinct regions of the southern Bay of Bengal, Biogeosciences, 16, 1447–1468, https://doi.org/10.5194/bg-16-1447-2019
- P. Amol, P. N. Vinayachandran, D. Shankar, V. Thushara, V. Vijith, Abhisek Chatterjee, and A. Kankonkar (2019), Effect of freshwater advection and winds on the vertical structure of chlorophyll in the northern Bay of Bengal, Deep Sea Research Part II: Topical Studies in Oceanography, 104622, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsr2.2019.07.010
- Jenson, V. George, P. N. Vinayachandran, V. Vijith, V. Thushara, Anoop, A. Nayak, Srikanth, M. Pargaonkar, P. Amol, K. Vijayakumar, and Adrian J. Matthews (2019), Mechanisms of Barrier Layer Formation and Erosion from In Situ Observations in the Bay of Bengal, Journal of Physical Oceanography, 49, 1183–1200, https://doi.org/10.1175/JPO-D-18-0204.1
- Vinayachandran, P. N., Matthews, A. J., Kumar, K. V., Sanchez Franks, A., V. Thushara, George, J. V., Vijith, V., Webber, B. G. M., Queste, B. Y., Roy, R., and coauthors (2018), BoBBLE (Bay of Bengal Boundary Layer Experiment): Ocean-atmosphere interaction and its impact on the South Asian monsoon, Bulletin of American Meteorological Society, 99, 1569–1587, https://doi.org/10.1175/BAMS-D-16-0230.1.
- Vijith, V., P. N. Vinayachandran, V. Thushara, P. Amol, D. Shankar, and A. C. Anil (2016), Consequences of inhibition of mixed-layer deepening by the West India Coastal Current for winter phytoplankton bloom in the northeastern Arabian Sea, Journal of Geophysical Research, 121 (9), 6583–6603, https://doi.org/10.1002/2016JC012004.
- Thushara, V., and P. N. Vinayachandran (2016), Formation of summer phytoplankton bloom in the northwestern Bay of Bengal in a coupled physical-ecosystem model, Journal of Geophysical Research, 121 (12), 8535–8550, https://doi.org/10.1002/2016JC011987
- Thushara, V. and P. N. Vinayachandran (2014), Impact of diurnal forcing on intraseasonal sea surface temperature oscillations in the Bay of Bengal, Journal of Geophysical Research, 119 (12), 8221–8241, https://doi.org/10.1002/2013JC009746
Non-Peer Reviewed Articles
- Thushara, V. and P. N. Vinayachandran, Impact of Indian Ocean Dipole on the surface chlorophyll distribution of the Indian Ocean, Ocean Digest, Quarterly Newsletter of the Ocean Society of India, Vol. 7, Issue 3, April 2020.
- Thushara, V. and P. N. Vinayachandran, Anomalous surface chlorophyll blooms in the southeastern Arabian Sea during the extreme negative Indian Ocean Dipole of 2016, 2nd International Indian Ocean Expedition (IIOE-2) Newsletter, Vol. 4, Issue 8, August 2020.