Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Isotope Hydrology
- Tropical Monsoon
- Climate Dynamics
|2018||Ph. D. in Atmospheric Science, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, India|
|2012||M. Sc. (Tech.) in Geophysics, Banaras Hindu University, India|
|2009||B. Sc. in Physics, Banaras Hindu University, India|
|2019||present||Postdoctoral Research Fellow, IBS Center for Climate Physics, Busan, Korea|
|2014||2018||IITM Research Fellow, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, India|
|2012||2013||Research Fellow, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, India|
Fellowships, Awards, and Honors
|2017||PAGES Early Carrier Scientist’s Travel Award|
|2017||SERB-DST International Travel Support Grant|
|2017||APN Mitra Runner-Up Award|
|2016||INSA-DAE/BRNS-CICS Travel Fellowship|
|2015||Best Student Presentation Award, Indian Meteorological Society|
|2012||IASc-INSA-NASI Summer Research Fellowship|
|2011||Joint CSIR-UGC NET Certificate (Eligibility for Lectureship)|
9. Nitesh Sinha and S. Chakraborty (2019). Isotopic interaction and source moisture control on the isotopic composition of rainfall over the Bay of Bengal, Atmospheric Research (Under review).
8. Nitesh Sinha, S. Chakraborty, R. Chattopadhyay, B. N. Goswami et al., (2019). Isotopic investigation of the moisture transport processes over the Bay of Bengal. Journal of Hydrology X, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hydroa.2019.100021
7. Nitesh Sinha, S. Chakraborty, P. M. Mohan (2019). Modern rain-isotope data from Indian island and the mainland on the daily scale for the summer monsoon season. Data in Brief, 23, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dib.2019.103793
6. Nitesh Sinha, Naveen Gandhi, S. Chakraborty, R. Krishnan, M. G. Yadava, R. Ramesh, (2018). Abrupt climate change at ~ 2800 Yr BP evidenced by high-resolution oxygen isotopic record of a Stalagmite from peninsular India. The Holocene, 28(11), 1720-1730, https://doi.org/10.1177/0959683618788647
5. Nitesh Sinha, R. Chattopadhyay, S. Chakraborty (2018) Bay of Bengal branch of Indian Summer Monsoon and its association with spatial distribution of rainfall patterns over India, Theoretical and Applied Climatology, doi:10.1007/s00704-018-2709-9
4. Chakraborty S., Belekar A. R., Datye A., Nitesh Sinha (2018) Isotopic study of intraseasonal variations of plant transpiration: an alternative means to characterize the dry phases of monsoon. Sci. Rep. 8: 8647. doi:10.1038/s41598-018-26965-6
3. Pami Mukherjee, Nitesh Sinha, Supriyo Chakraborty (2017). Investigating the dynamical behaviour of the Inter-tropical Convergence Zone since the last glacial maximum based on terrestrial and marine sedimentary records. Quaternary International, 433: 49-57.
2. Fousiya, A., S. Chakraborty, H. Achyuthan, Naveen Gandhi, Nitesh Sinha, Amey Datye (2016) Stable isotopic investigation of Porites coral from the Minicoy Island. Indian Journal of Geo Marine Sciences, 45(11): 1465-1470.
1. Chakraborty, S., Nitesh Sinha, R. Chattopadhyay, S. Sengupta, PM Mohan, A. Datye (2016). Atmospheric controls on the precipitation isotopes over the Andaman Islands, Bay of Bengal. Sci. Rep., 6, 19555; doi: 10.1038/srep19555.