- Climate physics & climate change sciences
- Monsoon dynamics
- Planetary boundary layer modeling
- Tropical-extratropical interaction
|1992||Ph.D. Atmospheric Sciences, Yonsei University, Korea|
|1984||M.S. Meteorology, Seoul National University, Korea|
|1982||B.S. Earth Sciences, Pusan National University, Korea|
|2018||present||Board member, The Busan National Science Museum|
|2018||present||Vice-president, Korea Geoscience Union|
|2018||present||Co-chair, Local Advisory Committee of 2020 Asia Oceania Geosciences Society|
|2017||present||Chair, Environmental Safe Division, Advisory Committee for National Life Science, KOFST|
|2017||present||WMO/WWRP Monsoon Panel, co-chair of Expert Team on Climate Impact on Monsoon Weather|
|2017||present||Editor, the Earth and Environmental Sciences section of the board, Nature Scientific Report|
|2017||2018||Committee member of Expert Committee on Energy and Environment, Korea National Science and Technology Council|
|2016||present||Fellow, The Korean Academy of Science and Technology(KAST). Member of Steering committee on Science division of KAST|
|2016||present||Member, Korea committee of “Future Earth”, ICSU|
|2016||2017||Vice-president, Korean Meteorological Society, Korea|
|2016||2017||Lead Guest editor, special issue on “Asian Monsoon climate change”, Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences|
|2014||present||Director, Research Center for Climate Sciences, PNU, Korea|
|2014||present||Lead author, chapter 10, Korean Climate Change Assessment Report|
|2012||2013||Vice-president, Korean Meteorological Society, Korea|
|2012||Committee, East Asian Climate(EAC)|
|2011||2017||Principal Investigator, Global Research Laboratory on ”Global monsoon climate change”, Korea national research foundation|
|2011||2014||Board member, APEC Climate Center, Busan, Korea|
|2010||Lead author, chapter 5, Korean Climate Change Assessment Report|
|2008||present||Editor, Atmospheric Oceanic Sciences Letter, IAP/China Academy of Science|
|2008||Editor in Atmospheric Science, Vol 16, Advances in Geosciences, World Scientific|
|2008||Chair of subdivision on fundraising, Local Advisory Committee of 2008 Asia Oceania Geosciences Society|
|2006||2009||President of a branch for Busan & Kyungnam region, The -Association of Korean Women Scientists and Engineering|
|2005||2011||Auditor, APEC Climate Center, Busan, Korea|
|2004||2005||Chief of education committee of Korean Meteorological Society|
|2004||2014||Board Member of Korean Meteorological Society|
|2004||2007||Minister Advisory Committee of Ministry of Science & Technology|
|2003||2009||Director of Busan Women in Scientist and Engineers (Busan WISE) Center|
|2002||2005||Courtesy prof. of COAS, Oregon State Univ. USA|
|2002||2004||Director, Women’s studies Center, Pusan National University, Korea|
|2000||2003||Editor in chief, editorial board of “Atmosphere”, bulletin of Korean Meteorological Society|
|1999||2000||Visiting assistant professor at College of Ocean & Atmospheric Sciences (COAS)/OSU (supervisor: Prof. Larry Mahrt), USA|
|1996||Visiting scholar CSRP at Texas A&M University (work with Prof. Gerald North), USA|
|1994||present||Prof. of Atmospheric Sciences, Pusan Nat. Univ., Korea|
|1993||post-doctoral position at MRI/JMA, Japan (supervisor: Tatsushi Tokioka)|
|1984||1985||Research assistant at Yonsei University|
Fellowships, Awards, and Honors
|2019||Unjae Academy Award, Korean Meteorological Society|
|2016||Editor contribution award, IAP/CAS, China|
|2012||National medal for Science and Technology, Korea Ministry of Science, Technology, and Education|
|2012||The 11th Busan Science & Technology Award, Busan City, Korea|
|2011||Korea 100 top researcher award, National Science & Technology Council|
|2011||The premium professor award, Pusan National University, Busan, Korea|
|2011||Global Research Laboratory fund, Korea National Research Fund, for years of 2011-2017|
|2008||Best Research Award, Korea Ministry of Education, Science & Technology|
|2003||Honor Award, Korea Ministry of Science & Technology|
|2001||Songcheon Award (Best Academic Award), The Korean Meteorological Society|
- Kyung-Ja Ha, Ji-Hye Yeo, Ye-Won Seo, Eui-Seok Chung, Ja-Yeon Moon, Xuelei Feng, Yang-Won Lee, Chang-Hoi Ho, 2019: What Caused the Extraordinarily Hot 2018 Summer in Korea?, Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan, 98, Special Edition on Extreme Rainfall Events in 2017 and 2018, DOI: 10.2151/jmsj.2020-009
- Hyejin Moon and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2019: Distinguishing changes in the Hadley circulation edge, Theoretical and Applied Climatology, DOI: 10.1007/s00704-019-03017-1
- Mincheol Moon and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2019: Effect of typhoon-generated cold wake on the subsequent typhoon Tembin and its sensitivity to horizontal resolutions, MDPI atmosphere, 10(11), 644, DOI: 10.3390/atmos10110644
- Yumi Choi, Kyung-Ja Ha and Fei-Fei Jin, 2019: Seasonality and El Niño Diversity in the Relationship between ENSO and Western North Pacific Tropical Cyclone Activity, Journal of Climate, DOI: 10.1175/JCLI-D-18-0736.1
- Ki-Young Heo, Kyung-Ja Ha, and Taemin Ha, 2019: Explosive Cyclogenesis around the Korean Peninsula in May 2016 from a Potential Vorticity Perspective: Case Study and Numerical Simulations, MDPI Atmosphere, 10(6), 322, DOI: 10.3390/atmos10060322
- Kyung-Ja Ha, 2019: Monsoons, Atmosphere, 10(3), 147, DOI: 10.3390/atmos10030147
- Suyeon Moon, Kyung-Ja Ha, 2019: Early Indian Summer Monsoon Onset Driven by Low Soil Moisture in the Iranian Desert, Geophysical Research Letters, 46(17-18), 10568-10577, DOI: 10.1029/2019GL084520
- Yazhou Zhang, Jianping Li, Jiaqing Xue, Fei Zheng, Renguang Wu, Kyung-Ja Ha, Juan Feng, 2019: The relative roles of the South China Sea summer monsoon and ENSO in the Indian Ocean dipole development, Climate Dynamics, DOI: 10.1007/s00382-019-04953-4
- Kyung-Ja Ha, SungHyun Nam, Jin-Yong Jeong, Il-Ju Moon, Meehye Lee, Junghee Yun, Chan Joo Jang, Yong Sun Kim, Do-Seong Byun, Ki-Young Heo, Jae-Seol Shim, 2019: Observations utilizing Korean Ocean Research Stations and their Applications for Process Studies, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, DOI: 10.1175/BAMS-D-18-0305.1
- Nari Kim, Kyung-Ja Ha, No-Wook Park, Jaeil Cho, Sungwook Hong, Yang-Won Lee, 2019: A Comparison Between Major Artificial Intelligence Models for Crop Yield Prediction: Case Study of the Midwestern United States, 2006–2015, ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information, 8, 240, DOI: 10.3390/ijgi8050240
- E.-S. Chung, A. Timmermann, B. J. Soden, K.-J. Ha, L, Shi, V, O. John, 2019: Reconciling opposing Walker circulation trends in observations and model projections, Nature Climate Change, DOI: 10.1038/s41558-019-0446-4
- K.-S. Yun, S.-W. Yeh, K.-J. Ha, 2019: Underlying mechanisms leading to El Nino-to-La Nina transition are unchanged under global warming, Climate Dynamics, 52(3-4),1723-1738, DOI: 10.1007/s00382-018-4220-5
- J.-Y. Moon, B. Wang, S.-S. Lee, K.-J. Ha, 2018: An Intraseasonal Genesis Potential Index for Tropical Cyclones during Northern Hemisphere Summer, Journal of Climate, DOI: 10.1175/JCLI-D-18-0515.1
- S. Kim, K.-J. Ha, R. Ding and J. Li, 2018: Re-Examination of the Decadal Change in the Relationship between the East Asian Summer Monsoon and Indian Ocean SST,, Atmosphere, 9(10), 395, DOI: 10.3390/atmos9100395
- H Oh, K.-J Ha, A Timmermann, 2018: Disentangling Impacts of Dynamic and Thermodynamic Components on Late Summer Rainfall Anomalies in East Asia, Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 0(0), 1-11, DOI: 10.1029/2018JD028652
- Seo, Ye-Won, Kyung-Sook Yun, June-Yi Lee, Yang-Won Lee, Kyung-Ja Ha, and Jong-Ghap Jhun, 2018 : Future changes due to model biases in probabilities of extreme temperatures over East Asia using CMIP5 data, International Journal of Climatology, 38, 1177-1188, DOI: 10.1002/joc.5233
- S. Li, S. Park, J.-Y. Lee, K.-J. Ha, M.-K. Park, C. O. Jo, H. Oh, J. Mühle, K.-R. Kim, S. A. Montzka, S. O’Doherty, P. B. Krummel, E. Atlas, B. R. Miller, F. Moore, R. F. Weiss & S. C. Wofsy, 2018: Chemical Evidence of Inter-Hemispheric Air Mass Intrusion into the Northern Hemisphere Mid-Latitudes, Scientific Report, 8, 4669, DOI: 10.1038/s41598-018-22266-0
- B. Wang, J. Li, M. A. Cane, J. Liu, P. J. Webster, B. Xiang, H.-M. Kim, J. Cao, & K.-J. Ha, 2018: Toward Predicting Changes in the Land Monsoon Rainfall a Decade in Advance, , Journal of Climate, 31, 2699-2714, DOI: 10.1175/JCLI-D-17-0521.1
- B. Wang, S.-S. Lee, D. E. Waliser, C. Zhang, A. Sobel, E. Maloney, T. Li, X. Jiang, & K.-J. Ha, 2018: Dynamics-Oriented Diagnostics for the Madden-Julian Oscillation, Journal of Climate, 31, 3117–3135, DOI: 10.1175/JCLI-D-17-0332.1
- Chu, J.-E., Kim, K.-M., Lau, W. K. M., & Ha, K.-J. 2018: How light-absorbing properties of organic aerosol modify the Asian summer monsoon rainfall? Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 123, 2244–2255, DOI: 10.1002/2017JD027642
- Kyung-Ja Ha, Ye-Won Seo, June-Yi Lee, 2018: R.H. Kripalani, Kyung-Sook Yun, Linkages between the South and East Asian Summer Monsoons: A review and revisit, Climate Dynamics, 51(11-12), 4207-4227, DOI: 10.1007/s00382-017-3773-z
- Ji-Hye Yeo, Kyung-Ja Ha, 2018: Combined effects of blocking and AO on a prolonged snowstorm in Jeju Island, Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 55(3), 401-414, DOI: 10.1007/s13143-018-0088-x
- Choi Yumi and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2017: Subseasonal shift in tropical cyclone genesis over the western North Pacific in 2013, Clim Dyn, 51(11-12), 4451-4467, DOI:10.1007/s00382-017-3926-0
- Yun J-H, K-J Ha, and Y-E Jo, 2017: Interdecadal changes in winter surface air temperature over East Asia and their possible causes, 51(4), 1375-1390, Clim Dyn, DOI:10.1007/s00382-017-3960-y
- Kim, Byeong-Hee, Kyung-Ja Ha, 2017: Changes in equatorial zonal circulations and precipitation in the context of the global warming and natural modes, Climate Dynamics, 51(11-12), 3999-4013, DOI: 10.1007/s00382-017-3819-2
- Pang-Chi Hsu, Kyung-Ja Ha, June-Yi Lee, and Chih-Hua Tsou, 2017: Influence of boreal summer intraseasonal oscillation on heat waves in Asian monsoon area, Journal of Climate, DOI: 10.1175/JCLI-D-16-0505.1
- Ye-Won Seo, Kyung-Sook Yun, June-Yi Lee, Yang-Won Lee, Kyung-Ja Ha, and Jong-Ghap Jhun, 2017 : Future changes due to model biases in probabilities of extreme temperatures over East Asia using CMIP5 data, International Journal of Climatology. DOI: 10.1002/joc.5233
- Chu, Jung-Eun, Bin Wang, June-Yi Lee, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2017: Boreal summer intraseasonal phases identified by nonlinear multivariate empirical orthogonal function-based self-organizing map (ESOM) analysis, Journal of Climate, 30(10):3513-3528,2017, DOI:10.1175-JCLI-D-16-0660.1.
- Oh, Hyoeun, Jong-Ghap Jhun, Kyung-Ja Ha, and Kyong-Hwan Seo, 2017: Combined Effect of the East Atlantic/West Russia and Western Pacific Teleconnections on the East Asian Winter Monsoon, Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 53 273-285, DOI: 10.1007/s13143-017-0030-7
- Kim, Jin-Yong, Kyong-Hwan Seo, Jun-Hyeok Son and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2017: Development of Statistical Prediction Models for Changma Precipitation: An Ensemble Approach, Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 53 207-216, DOI: 10.1007/s13143-017-0027-2
- Kyung-Ja Ha, June-Yi Lee, Bin Wang, Shang-Ping Xie, and Akio Kitoh, 2017: Asian Monsoon Climate Change – Understanding and Prediction, Asia-Pac. J. Atmos. Sci., 53(2), 179-180, 2017,Published DOI:10.1007/s13143-017-0056-x
- Moon, Suyeon and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2017: Temperature and Precipitation in the context of the annual cycle over Asia: Model evaluation and future change, Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, .53 229-242, DOI: 10.1007/s13143-017-0024-5.
- Xing, Wen, Bin Wang, So-Young Yim, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2017: Predictable patterns of the May-June rainfall anomaly over East Asia, J. Geophys. Res. Atmos., 122., 2203-2217,
- Park, Doo-Sun, Chang-Hoi Ho, Johnny Chan, Kyung-Ja Ha, Hyeong-Seog Kim, Jinwon Kim, and Joo-Hong Kim, 2017: Asymmetric response of tropical cyclone activity to global warming over the North Atlantic and the western North Pacific from CMIP5 model projections, Nature Scientific Reports, 7, 41354
- Ha, Kyung-Ja, Jung-Eun Chu, June-Yi Lee, and Kyung-Sook Yun, 2017: Interbasin coupling between the tropical Indian and Pacific Ocean on interannual timescale: Observation and CMIP5 reproduction, Climate Dynamics, 48(1-2), 459-475, DOI:10.1007/s00382-016-3087-6
- Chu, Jung-Eun and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2016: Quantifying organic aerosol single scattering albedo over the tropical biomass burning regions, Atmospheric Environment, DOI 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2016.09.069
- Chul E. Chung, Jung-Eun Chu, Yunha Lee, Twan van Noije, Hwayoung Jeoung, Kyung-Ja Ha, Marguerite Marks, 2016: Global fine-mode aerosol radiative effect, as constrained by comprehensive observations, ACP, DOI:10.5194/acp-16-8071-2016
- Lee, Soo-Jin, CHO, Jaeil, Ha, Kyung-Ja, Lee, Han Lim, and Lee, Yang-Won, 2016: On the relationships between MODIS-based normalized difference drought index (NDDI) and gross primary production (GPP): A case of North Korean croplands, 2000– 2012, Remote Sensing Letters, DOI: 10.1080/2150704X.2016.1187315, 790-799
- Yun, K.-S., S.-W. Yeh, and K.-J. Ha, 2016; Inter-El Niño variability in CMIP5 models: Model deficiencies and future changes, J. Geophys. Res. Atmos., 121, 3894–3906, DOI:10.1002/2016JD024964
- Ruiqiang Ding, Jianping Li, Yu-heng Tseng, Kyung-Ja Ha, Sen Zhao, and June-Yi Lee, 2016: Interdecadal change in the lagged relationship between the Pacific-South American pattern and ENSO, Climate Dynamics, DOI 10.1007/s00382-016-3002-1
- Yun, Kyung-Sook,Ye-Won seo, Kyung-Ja Ha, June-Yi Lee, and Akio Kitoh, 2016: The seasonally varying effect of the Tibetan Plateau on Northern Hemispheric blocking frequency and amplitude, Climate Dynamics, DOI 10.1007/s00382-016-2981-2, 47(7), 2527-2541
- Oh, Hyoeun and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2016; Prediction of the dominant intraseasonal modes over the East Asia-western North Pacific summer monsoon region, Climate Dynamics, DOI 10.1007/s00382-015-2948-8, 47(7), 2025-2037
- Chen, Wei, June-Yi Lee, Kyung-Ja Ha, Kyung-Sook Yun, and Riyu Lu, 2016: Intensification of the Western North Pacific anticyclone response to the short decaying El Nino event due to greenhouse warming. Journal of Climate. DOI 10.1175/JCLI-D-15-0195.1
- Hsu,Pang-Chi, June-Yi Lee, Kyung-Ja Ha, 2016: Influence of boreal summer intraseasonal oscillation on rainfall extremes in Southeast China. International Journal of Climatology, DOI 10.1002/joc.4433
- Yun, Kyung-Sook, Sang-Wook Yeh, Kyung-Ja Ha, 2015: Covariability of western tropical Pacific -North Pacific atmospheric circulation during summer. Nature Scientific Reports, DOI 10.1038/srep16980. 5(16980).
- Lee, June-Yi and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2015: Understanding of interdecadal changes in variability and predictability of the Northern Hemisphere summer tropical-extratropical teleconnection. Journal of Climate, DOI 10.1175/JCLI-D-15-0154.1, 28(21), 8634-8647
- Lee, June-Yi, Bin Wang, Kyung-Hwan Seo, Kyung-Ja Ha, A. Kitoh, and J. Liu, 2015: Effects of mountain uplift on global monsoon precipitation. Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences. DOI 10.1007/s13143-015-0077-2, 51(3), 275-290
- Bin Wang, Baoqiang Xiang, Juan Li, Peter. J. Webster, M. Rajeevan, Jian Liu, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2015: Rethinking Indian monsoon rainfall prediction in the context of recent global warming, Nature Communications, DOI 10.1038/ncomms8154, 6(7154)
- Heo, Ki-Young, Ye-Won Seo, Kyung-Ja Ha, Kwang-Soon Park, Jinah Kim, Jung-Woon Choi, Kicheon Jun, Jin-Yong Jeong 2015: Development Mechanisms of an Explosive Cyclone over East Sea on 3-4 April 2012, Dynamics of Atmosphere and Ocean, Doi:10.1016/j.dynatmoce.2015.03.001. Volume70, 30-46
- Choi, Yumi, Kyung-Ja Ha, Chang-Hoi Ho, and Chul Eddy Chung, 2015: Interdecadal change in Typhoon genesis condition over the western North Pacific, Climate Dynamics, DOI 10.1007/s00382-015-2536-y,45(11), 3243-3255
- Kim, Byeong-Hee and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2015: Observed changes of global and western Pacific precipitation associated with global warming SST mode and Mega-ENSO SST mode, Climate dynamics, DOI 10.1007/s00382-015-2524-2, 45(11), 3067-3075
- Chen, Wei, June-Yi Lee, Riyu Lu, Buwen Dong and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2015: Intensified Impact of Tropical Atlantic SST on the Western North Pacific Summer Climate under a Weakened Atlantic Thermohaline Circulation, Climate Dynamics, DOI 10.1007/s00382-014-2454-4, 45(7), 2033-2046
- Kim, Seon-Hwa and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2015: Two leading modes of Northern Hemisphere blocking variability and its relationship with teleconnection patterns. Climate Dynamics, DOI 10.1007/s00382-014-2304-4, 44(9), 2479-2491
- Yun, Kyung-Sook, Kyung-Ja Ha, Sang-Wook Yeh, Bin Wang, and Baoqiang Xiang, 2015: Critical role of boreal summer North Pacific subtropical highsin ENSO transition. Climate Dynamics, DOI 10.1007/s00382-014-2193-6, 44(7),1979-1992
- Oh, Hyoeun and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2015: Thermodynamic Characteristics and Responses to ENSO of Dominant Intraseasonal Modes in the East Asian Summer Monsoon. Climate Dynamics, DOI 10.1007/s00382-014-2268-4, 44(7), 1751-1766
- Andrea Alessandri, Matteo De Felice, Ning Zeng, Annarita Mariotti, Yutong Pan, Annalisa Cherchi, June-Yi Lee, Bin Wang, Kyung-Ja Ha, Paolo Ruti & Vincenzo Artale, 2014: Robust assessment of the expansion and retreat of Mediterranean climate in the 21st century, Nature Scientific Reports, doi:10.1038/srep07211, 4(7211)
- Seo, Ye-Won , Hojin Kim, Kyung-Sook Yun, June-Yi Lee, Kyung-Ja Ha, and Ja-Yeon Moon, 2014: Future change of extreme temperature climate indices over East Asia with uncertainties estimation in the CMIP5, Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 50(1), 609-624
- Yun, Kyung-Sook, June-Yi Lee and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2014: Recent intensification of the South and East Asian monsoon contrast associated with an increase in the zonal tropical SST gradient, Journal of Geophysical Research, 119(13), 8104-8116, DOI: 10.1002/2014JD021692
- Yun, Kyung-Sook, Ye-Won Seo, Kyung-Ja Ha, June-Yi Lee, and Yoshiyuki Kajikawa, 2014: Interdecadal changes in the Asian winter monsoon variability and its relationship with ENSO and AO. Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 50(4), 531-540.
- Lee, June-Yi, Bin Wang, Kyong-Hwan Seo, Jong-Seong Kug, Yong-Sang Choi, Yu Kosaka and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2014: Future change of Northern Hemisphere summer tropical-extratropical teleconnection in CMIP5 models. Journal of Climate, 27, 3643-3664, Doi: 10.1175/JCLI-D-13-00261.1
- Jia, XiaoJing, June-Yi. Lee, L. Hai, A. Alessandri, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2014: Interdecadal change in the Northern Hemisphere seasonal climate prediction skill: Part II. Predictablity and Prediction Skill. Climate Dynamics, Doi:10.1007/s00392-014-2084-x , 43(5-6), 1611-1630
- Chowdary, J. S., Raju Attada, June-Yi Lee, Yu Kosaka, Kyung-Ja Ha, Jing-Jia Luo, C. Gnanaseelan, A. Parekh, and D.-Y. Lee, 2014: Seasonal prediction of distinct climate anomalies in the summer 2010 over the tropical Indian Ocean and South Asia. Journal of Meteorological Society of Japan, 92(1), 1−16, DOI:10.2151/jmsj.2014-101
- Jia, XiaoJing, June-Yi Lee, Lin Hai, Andrea Alessandri, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2014: Interdecadal change in the Northern Hemisphere seasonal climate prediction skill: Part I. The leading forced mode of atmospheric circulation. Climate Dynamics, 43(5-6), 1611-1630
- Chu, Jung-Eun, Kyung-Ja Ha, June-Yi Lee, Bin Wang, Byeong-Hee Kim and Chung Eddy Chul, 2014: Future Change of the Indian Ocean Basin-Wide and Dipole Modes in the CMIP5, Climate Dynamics, 43(1-2), 535-551, DOI: 10.1007/s00382-013-2002-7
- Bin Wang, So-Young Yim, June-Yi Lee, Jian Liu and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2014: Future change of Asian-Australian monsoon under RCP 4.5 anthropogenic warming scenario, Climate Dynamics, 42(1-2), 83-100, DOI 10.1007/s00382-013-1769-x.
- Lee, Eun-Jeong, Kyung-Ja Ha, Jong-Ghap Jhun, 2014: Interdecadal changes in interannual variability of the global monsoon precipitation and interrelationships among its subcomponents, Climate Dynamics, 42(9), 2585-2601, DOI 10.1007/s00382-013-1762-4
- Heo, Ki-Young, Kyung-Ja Ha, Kyung-Sook Yun, Sun-Seon Lee, Hyung-Jin Kim and Bin Wang, 2014: Methods for Uncertainty Assessment of Climate Models and Model Predictions over East Asia, International Journal of Climatology, DOI: 10.1002/joc.3692, 34(2), 377–390.
- Heo, Ki-Young, Su-Hyun Park, Kyung-Ja Ha, and Jae-Seol Shim, 2014: Algorithm for Sea Fog Monitoring with the Use of Information Technologies, Meteorological Applications, DOI: 10.1002/met.1344, 21(2), 350-359
- Lee, Sun-Seon, Seon-Hwa Kim, Jong-Ghap Jhun, Kyung-Ja Ha and Ye-Won Seo, 2013: Robust warming over East Asia during boreal winter monsoon and its possible causes, Environmental Research Letters, 8(3), 34001, doi:10.1088/1748-9326/8/3/034001
- Yun, Kyung-Sook, Sang-Wook Yeh, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2013: Distinct impact of tropical SSTs on summer North Pacific high and western North Pacific subtropical high, Journal of Geophysical Research – Atmospheres, 118, 4107-4116, doi:10.1002/jgrd.50253
- Lee, June-Yi, Sun-Seon Lee, Bin Wang, Kyung-Ja Ha and Jong-Ghap Jhun, 2013: Seasonal prediction and predictability of the Asian wintertemperature variability, Climate Dynamics, 41(3-4), 573-587, DOI 10.1007/s00382-012-1588-5
- Choi,Yumi, Kyung-Sook Yun, Kyung-Ja Ha, Kwang-Yul Kim, Soon-Jo Yoon, and Johnny C. L. Chan, 2013 : Effects of Asymmetric SST Distribution on Straight-moving Typhoon Ewiniar (2006) and Recurving Typhoon Maemi (2003), Monthly Weather Review, 141(11), 3950 – 3967, DOI 10.1175/MWR=-D-12-207.1
- Lee, Sun-Seon, June-Yi Lee, Kyung-Ja Ha, Bin Wang, A. Kitoh, Y. Kajikawa and M. Abe, 2013: Role of the Tibetan Plateau on the Annual Variation of Mean Atmospheric Circulation and Storm Track Activity, Journal of Climate, 26(14) ,5270-5286
- Lee, Sun-Seon, Ye-Won Seo, Kyung-Ja Ha, and Jong-Ghap Jhun, 2013: Impact of the western North Pacific subtropical high on the East Asian monsoon precipitation and the Indian Ocean precipitation in the boreal summertime, Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 49(2), 171-182, DOI:10.1007/s13143-013-0017-y.
- Moon,Ja-Yeon, Bin Wang, Kyung-Ja Ha, and June-Yi Lee, 2013 : Teleconnections associated with Northern Hemisphere summer monsoon intraseasonal oscillation, Climate Dynamics , DOI 10.1007/s00382-012-1394-0, 40(11-12), 2761-2774
- Ha, Kyung-Ja, Jung-Eun Chu, June-Yi Lee, Bin Wang , Saji N Hameed and Masahiro Watanabe, 2012 : What caused the cool summer over northern Central Asia, East Asia and central North America during 2009?, Environmental Research Letters, 7(4), 044015, doi:10.1088/1748-9326/7/4/044015
- Liu, Jian, Wang Bin, So-Young Yim, June-Yi Lee, Jong-Ghap Jhun and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2012: What drives the global summer monsoon over the past millennium?, Climate Dynamics ,Doi:10.1007/s00382-012-1360-x , 39(5), 1063-1072.
- Moon, Ja-Yeon, Bin Wang, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2012: MJO Modulation on 2009/10 Winter Snowstorms in the United States, Journal of Climate, 25(3), 978, DOI: 10.1175/JCLI-D-11-00033.1
- Ha, Kyung-Ja, Ki-Young Heo, Sun-Seon Lee, Kyung-Sook Yun and Jong-Ghap Jhun, 2012: Variability in the East Asian Monsoon: a review, METEOROLOGICAL APPLICATIONS, DOI: 10.1002/met.1320, 19(2), 200-215
- Yun,Kyung-Sook , Ki-Young Heo , Jung-Eun Chu , Kyung-Ja Ha , Eun-Jeong Lee , Yumi Choi , and Akio Kitoh , 2012 : Changes in Climate Classification and Extreme Climate Indices from a High-Resolution Future Projection, Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, DOI: 10.1007/s13143-012-0022-6, 48(3), 213-226 .
- Ha , Kyung-Ja, and Soon-Jo Yoon, Kyung-Sook Yun, Jong-Seong Kug, Yeon-Soo Jang, and Johnny C. L. Chan, 2012: Dependency of typhoon intensity and genesis locations on El Niño phase and SST shift over the Western North Pacific, Theoretical and Applied Climatology. DOI 10.1007/s00704-012-0588-z, 109(3), 383-395.
- Ha, Kyung-Ja, and Kyung-Sook Yun, 2012: Climate Change Effects on Tropical Night Days in Seoul, Korea, Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 109(1),191-203, DOI 10.1007/s00704-011-0573-y
- Yun, Kyung-Sook, Johnny C. L. Chan, Kyung-Ja Ha, 2012: Effects of SST Magnitude and Gradient on Typhoon Tracks around East Asia: a case study for Typhoon Maemi (2003), Atmospheric Research, 109-110, 36-51
- Heo, Ki-Young, Kyung-Ja Ha and Sun-Seon Lee, 2012: Warming of Western North Pacific Ocean and Energetics of Transient Eddy Activity. Monthly Weather Review, 140(9), 2860-2873.
- Chu,Jung-Eun,Saji N.Hameed,Kyung-Ja Ha, 2012 : Non-linear, intraseasonal phases of the East Asian summer monsoon: Extraction and analysis using self-organizing maps, Journal of Climate ,25(20), 6975-6988.
- Lee, Sun-Seon, June-Yi Lee, Bin Wang, Kyung-Ja Ha, Ki-Young Heo, Fei-Fei Jin, David M. Straus, and Jagadish Shukla, 2012 Interdecadal changes in the storm track activity over the North Pacific and North Atlantic, Climate Dynamics, 39(1), 313-327, DOI 10.1007/s00382-011-1188-9.
- An, Soon-Il, Kyung-Ja Ha, Kyoung-Hwan Seo, Sang-Wook Yeh, Seung-Ki Min and Chang-Hoi Ho, 2011: A Review of Recent Climate Trends and Causes over the Korean Peninsula, Climate Change Research, 2(4), 237-251
- Yun, Kyung-Sook, Seong-Yeol Kim, Kyung-Ja Ha, and Masahiro Watanabe, 2011: Effects of sub-seasonal basic state changes on Rossby wave propagation during northern summer, Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmosphere, 116, DOI:10.1029/2011JD016258.
- Lee, Sun-Seon, June-Yi Lee, Bin Wang, Fei-Fei Jin, Woo-Jin Lee, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2011: A comparison of climatological subseasonal variations in the wintertime storm track activity between the North Pacific and Atlantic: Local energetics and moisture effect, Climate Dynamics ,37(11) ,2455-2469, DOI:10.1007/s00382-011-1027-z
- Oh, Hyun-Mi, Kyung-Eak Kim, Kyung-Ja Ha, Larry Mahrt, and Jae-Seol Shim, 2011: Quality Control and Tilt Correction Effects on the Turbulent Fluxes Observed at an Ocean Platform, Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology, 50(3), 700-712, DOI:10.1175/2010JAMC2367.1
- Kim, Won-Moo, Jong-Ghap Jhun, Kyung-Ja Ha, and Masahide Kimoto, 2011: Decadal Changes in Climatological Intraseasonal Oscillation of Summer Precipitation over the Korean Peninsula in mid-1990s, Advances in Atmospheric Sciences ,28(3), 591-600
- Lee, June-Yi, Bin Wang, Q. Ding, K.-J. Ha, J.-B. Ahn, A. Kumar, B. Stern, and O. Alves, 2011: How Predictable is the Northern Hemisphere Summer Upper-Tropospheric Circulation?, Climate Dynamics , 37(5), 1189-1203, DOI:10.1007/s00382-010-0909-9
- Moon, Ja-Yeon, Bin Wang, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2011: ENSO Regulation of MJO teleconnection, Climate Dynamics, 37(5), 1133-1149, DOI 10.1007/s00382-010-0902-3.
- Lee, Sun-Seon, June-Yi Lee, Kyung-Ja Ha, Bin Wang, and J. Schemm, 2011: Deficiencies and possibilities for long-lead coupled climate prediction of the Western North Pacific-East Asian summer monsoon, Climate Dynamics, 36(5), 1173-1188, DOI:10.1007/s00382-010-0832-0
- Oh, Hyun-Mi, Kyung-Ja Ha, Ki-Young Heo, Kyung-Eak Kim, Sang-Jong Park, Jae-Seol Shim, and Larry Mahrt, 2010: On Drag Coefficient Parameterization with Post Processed Direct Fluxes Measurements over the Ocean. ASIA-PACIFIC JOURNAL OF ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCES, 46(4), 513-523, DOI:10.1007/s13143-010-0030-3.
- Heo, Ki-Young, Kyung-Eak Kim, Kyung-Ja Ha, Kwang-Soon Park, Ki-Cheon Jun, Jae-Seol Shim, and Young-Sang Suh, 2010: Simulation of Snowstorm over the Yellow Sea using a Mesoscale Coupled Model, ASIA-PACIFIC JOURNAL OF ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCES, 46(4), 437-452, DOI:10.1007/s13143-010=-25-0
- Yun, Kyung-Sook, Kyung-Ja Ha, and Bin Wang, 2010: Impacts of tropical ocean warming on East Asian summer climate, Geophysical Research Letters, 37, L20809, doi:10.1029/2010GL044931.
- Heo, Ki-Young, Kyung-Ja Ha, Larry Mahrt, and Jae-Seol Shim, 2010: Comparison of advection and steam fogs: from direct observation over the sea. Atmospheric Research, 98, 426-437.
- Yun, Kyung-Sook, Kyong-Hwan Seo, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2010: Interdecadal change in the relationship between ENSO and the intraseasonal oscillation in East Asia, Journal of Climate, 23, 3599-3612, doi: 10.1175/2010JCLI3431.1.
- Heo, Ki-Young, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2010: A coupled model study of formation and dissipation of sea fog. Monthly Weather Review, 138(4), 1185-1205.
- Yun, Kyung-Sook, Kyung-Ja Ha, Bin Wang, and Ruiqiang Ding, 2010: Decadal cooling in the Indian summer monsoon after 1997/1998 El Nino and its impact on the East Asian summer monsoon, Geophysical Research Letters, 37, L01805, doi:10.1029/2009GL041539.
- Hyun, Yu-Kyung, Sanjib Kar, Kyung-Ja Ha, 2010: Diurnal and spatial variabilities of monsoonal CG lightning and precipitation and its association with the synoptic weather conditions over South Korea, Theoretical and Applied Climatology , 102, 43-60, doi:10.1007/s00704-009-0235-5
- Ding, Ruiqiang, Kyung-Ja Ha, and Jianping Li, 2010: Interdecadal shift in the relationship between the East Asian summer monsoon and the tropical Indian Ocean, Climate Dynamics, 34, 1059-1071, doi:10.1007/s00382-009-0555-2.
- Lee, Sun-Seon, P. N. Vinayachandran, Kyung-Ja Ha, and Jong-Ghap Jhun, 2010: Shift of peak in summer monsoon rainfall over Korea and its association with ENSO, Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmosphere, 115, D02111, doi:10.1029/2009JD011717.
- Lee, Sun-Seon, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2009: Eddy-mean flow interaction and its association with Bonin high: Comparison of July and August, ASIA-PACIFIC JOURNAL OF ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCES , 45(4), 483-498.
- Shin, Sun-Hee, Masahide Kimoto, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2009: Comparison of two different vertical diffusion schemes in amplitude and phase of the diurnal variation and Its impact on a GCM, Geophysical Research Letters, 36, L18706, doi:10.1029/2009GL039414 .
- Yun,Kyung-Sook, Baohua Ren, Kyung-Ja Ha, Johnny C.L. Chan, and Jong-Ghap Jhun, 2009 : The 30-60 day Oscillation in the East Asian Summer Monsoon and its Time-dependent Association with the ENSO, TellusA , 61A , 565-578.
- Ha, Kyung-Ja, Sun-Hee Shin, and Larry Mahrt, 2009: Spatial variation of the regional wind field with land-sea contrasts and complex topography, Journal of Applied Meteorology & Climatology, 48(9), 1929-1939, DOI:10.1175/2009JAMC2105.1.
- Shin, Sun-Hee and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2009: Implementation of turbulent mixing over stratocumulus- topped boundary layer and its impact in a GCM, Adv. Atm. Sci. ,26(5),1-10.
- Heo, Ki-Young, Jeong-Wook Lee, Kyung-Ja Ha, Ki-Cheon Jun, Kwang-Soon Park, and Jae-Il Kwon, 2009: Simulation of Atmospheric States for a Storm Surge on the West coast of Korea: Model Comparison between MM5, WRF and COAMPS, Natural Hazards, 51, 151-162, DOI 10.1007/s11069-009=-9395-y.
- Shin, Sun-Hee, Masahide Kimoto, Kyung-Ja Ha, and Kyung-Sook Yun, 2009: Impact of different diffusion schemes on simulated rainfall: Land-Ocean contrast, J. Geophys. Res. ,114, D13101, doi:10.1029/2008JD011605.
- Kar, S. K., Y.A. Liou, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2009: Aerosol effects on the enhancement of cloud-to-ground lightning over major urban areas of South Korea, Atmospheric research, 92, 80-87.
- Ha, Kyung-Ja, Kyung-Sook Yun, Jong-Ghap Jhun, and Jianping Li, 2009: Circulation changes associated with the interdecadal shift of Korean August rainfall around late 1960s, Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmosphere, 114, D04115, doi:10.1029/2008JD011287.
- Ding, Ruiqiang, Jianping Li, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2008: Trends and interdecadal changes of weather predictability during 1950s-1990s, Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmosphere, 113, D24112, doi:10.1029/2008JD010404
- Kim, Ki-Young, Akio Kitoh and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2008: The SST-forced predictability of the sub-seasonal mode over East Asia with an atmospheric general circulation model, International Journal of Climatology, 28, 1599-1606, DOI: 10.1002/joc.1655.
- Yun, Kyung-Sook, Kyong-Hwan Seo and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2008: Relationship between ENSO and Northward Propagating Intraseasonal Oscillation in the East Asian Summer Monsoon System, Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmosphere, 113, D14120, doi:10.1029/2008JD009901
- Yun, Kyung-Sook, Sun-Hee Shin, Kyung-Ja Ha, Akio Kitoh and Shoji Kusunoki, 2008: East Asian Precipitation Change in the Global Warming Climate Simulated by a 20-km Mesh AGCM. ASIA-PACIFIC JOURNAL OF ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCES, 44(3), 233-247.
- Ding, Ruiqiang, Jianping Li and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2008: Decadal change of January and July persistence of monthly mean 500 hPa geopotential height anomalies, GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH LETTERS , 35, L15702, doi:10.1029/2008GL034137
- Lee, Jeong-Wook, Ki-Young Heo, Kyung-Ja Ha, Kwang-Soon Park, and Ki-Cheon Jun, 2008: Simulations of the Mesoscale Cyclone Accompanying the Storm Surge on 30 March 2007 in the Western Coast of Korea. ASIA-PACIFIC JOURNAL OF ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCES, 44(2), 121-135
- Heo, Ki-Young and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2008: Snowstorm over Southwestern Coast the Korean Peninsula Associated with the Development of Mesocyclone over the Yellow Sea, Advances in Atmospheric Sciences, 25(5), 765-777.
- DING, Rui-Qiang, Jian-Ping LI and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2008: Nonlinear Local Lyapunov Exponent and Quantifiation of Local Predictability, Chin. Phys. Lett., 25(5), 1919-1922.
- Ha, Kyung-Ja, Eun-Hee Jeon and Hyun-Mi Oh, 2007: Spatial and temporal characteristics of precipitation using an extensive network of ground gauge in the Korean Peninsula, Atmospheric research, 86(3-4), 330-339.
- Kwon, MinHo, Jong-Ghap Jhun, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2007: Decadal Change in East Asian Summer Monsoon Circulation in the Mid-1990s, Geophysical Research Letters, 34(L21706), doi:10.1029/2007GL031977
- Kar, S. K., Y.A. Liou, and K.-J. Ha, 2007: Characteristics of cloud-to-ground lightning activity over Seoul, South Korea in relation to urban effect, Annales Geophsicae , 25, 2113-2118.
- Shin, Sun-Hee and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2007: Effects of Spatial and Temporal Variations in PBL Depth on a GCM, Journal of Climate, 20(18), 4717-4732.
- Um, Hyang-Hee, Kyung-Ja Ha and Sun-Seon Lee, 2007: Evaluation of the urban effect of long-term relative humidity and the separation of temperature and water vapor effects, International Journal of Climatology, 27(11),1531-1542.
- Ha, Kyung-Ja and Sun-Seon Lee, 2007: On the interannual variability of the Bonin high associated with the East Asian summer monsoon rain, Climate Dynamics, 28(1), 67-83.
- Ha, Kyung-Ja and Eunho Ha, 2006: Climatic change and interannual fluctuations in the long-term record of monthly precipitation for Seoul, International Journal of Climatology, 26(5), 607-618.
- Hyun, Yu-Kyung, Kyung-Eak Kim and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2005: A comparison of methods to estimate the height of stable boundary layer over a temperate grassland, Agricultural Forest Meteorology, 132, 132-142.
- Ha, Kyung-Ja, Sung-Kyu Park and Ki-Young Kim, 2005: On interannual characteristics of climate prediction center merged analysis precipitation over the korean peninsula during the summer monsoon season, International Journal of Climatology, 25, 99-116.
- Kim, Jae-Hwan, S. NA, M. J. NEWCHURCH and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2004: Comparison of scan-angle method and convective cloud differential method in retrieving tropospheric ozone from toms, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 92, 25-33.
- Ha, Kyung-Ja, Larry Mahrt, 2003: Radiative and turbulent fluxes in the nocturnal boundary layer, Tellus A, 55, 317-327
- Sanjib K. Kar, Kyung-Ja Ha, 2003: Characteristic differences of rainfall and cloud-to-ground lightning activity over South Korea during the summer monsoon season, Mon. Wea. Rev., 131, 2312-2323
- Ha, Eun-Ho, Gerald R. North, Chul-sang Yoo, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2002: Evaluation of some ground truth designs for satellite estimates of rain rate, J. of Atmospheric and Oceanic Tech., 19(1), 65-73.
- Ha, Kyung-Ja and L. Mahrt, 2001: Simple inclusion of z-less turbulence within and above the modeled nocturnal boundary layer, Mon. Wea. Rev., 129, 2136-2143.