서예원 Ye-Won Seo
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Global warming and climate changes
- Extreme climate
- Heatwaves and droughts
|2022||PhD., Atmospheric Sciences, Pusan National University|
|2012||M. S., Atmospheric Sciences, Pusan National University|
|2010||B. S., Atmospheric Environmental Sciences, Pusan National University|
Fellowships, Awards, and Honors
|2015-2019||Global Ph.D Fellowship|
|2021||Academic Award, College of Natural Sciences in PNU|
- Ye-Won Seo, Kyung-Ja Ha, 2022: Changes in land-atmosphere coupling increase compound drought and heatwaves over northern East Asia, npj climate and atmospheric science, vol. 5, article 100, DOI: 10.1038/s41612-022-00325-8
- Kyung-Ja Ha, Ye-Won Seo, Ji-Hye Yeo, Axel Timmermann, Eui-Seok Chung, Christian L.E. Franzke, Johnny C.L. Chan, Sang-Wook Yeh, Mingling Ting, 2022: Dynamics and characteristics of dry and moist heatwaves over East Asia, npj climate and atmospheric science, 5, article 49, DOI: 10.1038/s41612-022-00272-4
- Ye-Won Seo, Kyung-Ja Ha, and Tae-Won Park, 2021: Feedback attribution to dry heatwaves over East Asia, Environmental Research Letters, 16(6), 064003, DOI: 10.1088/1748-9326/abf18f
- Kyung-Ja Ha, Ji-Hye Yeo, Ye-Won Seo, Eui-Seok Chung, Ja-Yeon Moon, Xuelei Feng, Yang-Won Lee, Chang-Hoi Ho, 2020: What Caused the Extraordinarily Hot 2018 Summer in Korea?, , Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan, 98(1), 153-167, DOI: 10.2151/jmsj.2020-009.
- Kyung-Ja Ha, Ye-Won Seo, June-Yi Lee, R.H. Kripalani, Kyung-Sook Yun, 2018: Linkages between the South and East Asian Summer Monsoons: A review and revisit, Climate Dynamics, 51, 4207-4227.
- Ye-Won Seo, Kyung-Sook Yun, June-Yi Lee, Yang-Won Lee, Kyung-Ja Ha, and Jong-Ghap Jhun, 2018: Future changes due to model biases in probabilities of extreme temperatures over East Asia using CMIP5 data, International Journal of Climatology, 38(3), 1177-1188.
- Kyung-Sook Yun, Ye-Won Seo, Kyung-Ja Ha, June-Yi Lee, and Akio Kitoh, 2016: The seasonally varying effect of the Tibetan Plateau on Northern Hemispheric blocking frequency and amplitude. Climate Dynamics, DOI 10.1007/s00382-016-2981-2.
- Ki-Young Heo, Ye-Won Seo, Kyung-Ja Ha, Kwang-Soon Park, Jinah Kim, Jung-Woon Choi, Kicheon Jun, Jin-Yong Jeong, 2015: Development mechanisms of an explosive cyclone over East Sea on 3-4 April 2012, Dynamics of Atmosphere and Ocean, 70, 30-46.
- Ye-Won Seo, Hojin Kim, Kyung-Sook Yun, June-Yi Lee, Kyung-Ja Ha, and Ja-Yeon Moon, 2014: Future changes of extreme temperature climate indices over East Asia with uncertainties estimation on the CMIP5. Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 50(1), 57-72.
- Kyung-Sook Yun, Ye-Won Seo, Kyung-Ja Ha, June-Yi Lee, and Yoshiyuki Kajikawa, 2014: Interdecadal changes in the Asian winter monsoon variability and its relationship with ENSO and AO. Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 50(4), 531-540.
- Sun-Seon Lee, Seon-Hwa Kim, Jong-Ghap Jhun, Kyung-Ja Ha and Ye-Won Seo, 2013: Robust warming over East Asia during boreal winter monsoon and its possible causes, Environmental Research Letters, 8(3), 34001, doi:10.1088/1748-9326/8/3/034001.
- Sun-Seon Lee, Ye-Won Seo, Kyung-Ja Ha and Jong-Ghap Jhun, 2013: Impact of the western North Pacific subtropical high on the East Asian monsoon precipitation and the Indian Ocean precipitation in the boreal summertime, Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 49(2), 171-182, DOI:10.1007/s13143-013-0017-y.
- Ye-Won Seo, Sun-Seon Lee, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2010: Changes in Temperature and Relative Humidity in Three Major Cities in Korea, Journal of Climate Research, 5(3), 175-188.
- Ye-Won Seo, Jung-Eun Chu, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2010: On response of Surface Equilibrium Temperature for Change of Surface Characteristics: An EBM Study, The Korean Journal of Quaternary Research, 24(2), 1-11. (In Korean)