Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Groundwater-surface water interaction
- Climate change
- Large-scale water resource system optimization
- Water resources planning and management
- Hydrological modeling
- Water resource economics and policy
|2018||Ph.D. Civil Engineering, The University of Hong Kong|
|2011||M.Phil, Hydrology and Water Resources,Lanzhou University|
|2010||visiting students, Hydrology and Hydraulics, National Taiwan University|
|2008||B.S., Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering, Lanzhou University|
|2021||Postdoctoral Research Fellow, IBS Center for Climate Physics|
- Haiyun Shi, Zhaoqiang Zhou, Lin Lin, Suning Liu, 2022. A global perspective on propagation from meteorological drought to hydrological drought during 1902-2014, Atmospheric Research, vol. 280, article 106441, doi: 10.1016/j.atmosres.2022.106441
- Hejiang Cai, Suning Liu, Haiyun Shi, Zhaoqiang Zhou, Shijie Jiang, Vladan Babovic, 2022. Toward improved lumped groundwater level predictions at catchment scale: Mutual integration of water balance mechanism and deep learning method, Journal of Hydrology, vol. 613, part B, article 123495, doi: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2022.128495
- Yao Wang, Suning Liu, Ji Chen, Zhaoqiang Zhou, Haiyun Shi, 2022. Investigating the spatiotemporal variations of extreme rainfall and its potential driving factors with improved partial wavelet coherence, Frontiers in Environmental Science, vol. 10, article 951468, doi: 10.3389/fenvs.2022.951468
- Zhaoqiang Zhou, Yibo Ding, Qiang Fu, Can Wang, Yao Wang, Hejiang Cai, Suning Liu and Haiyun Shi, 2022. Comprehensive evaluation of vegetation responses to meteorological drought from both linear and nonlinear perspectives, Frontiers in Earth Science, vol. 10, article 953805, doi: 10.3389/feart.2022.953805
- Zhaoqiang Zhou, Yibo Ding, Suning Liu, Yao Wang, Qiang Fu, Haiyun Shi, 2022. Estimating the Applicability of NDVI and SIF to Gross Primary Productivity and Grain-Yield Monitoring in China, Remote Sensing, vol. 14, 13, article 3237, DOI: 10.3390/rs14133237
- Haiyun Shi, Bellie Sivakumar, Suning Liu, Yuezhi Tan, and Nasser Najibi, 2022. Extreme Hydro-Climate Events: Past, Present, and Future, Atmosphere [Special Issue: Extreme Hydro-Climate Events: Past, Present, Future], vol. 13, 5, 843, DOI: 10.3390/atmos13050843
- Zhaoqiang Zhou, Suning Liu, Yibo Ding, Qiang Fu, Yao Wang, Hejiang Cai, Haiyun Shi, 2022. Assessing the responses of vegetation to meteorological drought and its influencing factors with partial wavelet coherence analysis, Journal of Environmental Management, vol. 311, Article number: 114879, DOI: 10.1016/j.jenvman.2022.114879
- Haiyun Shi, Yiyang Zhao, Suning Liu, Hejiang Cai, Zhaoqiang Zhou, 2022. A New Perspective on Drought Propagation: Causality, Geophysical Research Letters, vol. 49, 2, e2021GL096758, DOI: 10.1029/2021GL096758
- Xueling Tan, Suning Liu, Yong Tan, Zhaoqiang Zhou, Yao Wang, Jiping Jiang and Haiyun Shi, 2022. Impacts of Climate Change and Land Use/Cover Change on Regional Hydrological Processes: Case of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, Frontiers in Environmental Science, vol. 9, article number: 783324, DOI: 10.3389/fenvs.2021.783324
- Suning Liu, Haiyun Shi, Dellie Sivakumar, 2022. Long-term mean river discharge estimation with multi-source grid-based global datasets, Stoch Environ Res Risk Assess, vol. 36, pp. 679-691, DOI: 10.1007/s00477-021-02128-4
- Liu, S.N., Shi, H.Y. *, Sivakumar, B., 2020. Socioeconomic drought under growing population and changing climate: A new index considering the resilience of a regional water resources system. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 125(15), e2020JD033005.
- Liu,N., Shi, H.Y. *, Niu, J., Chen, J., Kuang, X.X., 2020. Assessing future socioeconomic drought events under a changingclimate over the Pearl River basin in South China. Journal of Hydrology: Regional Studies, 30, 100700. DOI: 10.1016/j.ejrh.2020.100700.
- Liu, S.N., Chui, T.F.M. *, 2020. Optimal in-stream structure design through considering nitrogen removal in hyporheic zone. Water, 12(5), 1399. DOI: 10.3390/w12051399.
- Liu, S.N., Chui, T.F.M. *, 2019. Numerical modelling for evaluation of the nitrogen removal rate in hyporheic zone and its implication to stream management. Hydrological Processes, 33, 3084-3097.
- Liu,N., Shi, H.Y. *, 2019. A recursive approach to long-term prediction of monthly precipitation using genetic programming. Water Resources Management, 33(3), 1103-1121.
- Liu, S., Chui, T.F.M. *, 2018. Impacts of different rainfall patterns on hyporheic zone under transient conditions. Journal of Hydrology, 561, 598-608. DOI: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2018.04.019.
- Liu, S., Chui, T.F.M. *, 2018. Impacts of streambed heterogeneity and anisotropy on residence time of hyporheic zone. Groundwater, 56(3), 425-436. DOI: 10.1111/gwat.12589.
- Liu, S. *, Gan, H., Wei, G.X., 2010. Application of Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm to Calibrate the Xin’anjiang Hydrologic Model. Journal of Hydraulic engineering, 41(5), 537-544. (EI, in Chinese)
- Zhou, Z.Q., Shi, H.Y.*, Fu, Q., Ding, Y.B., Li, T.X., Wang, Y., Liu, S.N., 2021. Characteristics of propagation from meteorological drought to hydrological drought in the Pearl River Basin. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, DOI: 10.1029/2020JD033959.
- Shi,Y. *, Du, E.H., Liu, S.N., Chau, K.W., 2020. Advances in Flood Early Warning: Ensemble Forecast, Information Dissemination and Decision-Support Systems. Hydrology, 7(3), 56.
- Zhou, Z.Q., Ding, Y.B., Shi, H.Y. *, Cai, H.J. *, Fu, Q., Liu, S.N., Li, T.X., 2020. Analysis and prediction of vegetation dynamic changes in China: past, present and future. Ecological Indicators, 117, 106642. DOI: 10.1016/j.ecolind.2020.106642.
- Zhou, Z.Q., Shi, H.Y. *, Fu, Q., Li, T.X., Gan, T.Y., Liu, S.N., 2020. Assessing spatiotemporal characteristics of drought and its effects on climate-induced yield of maize in Northeast China. Journal of Hydrology, 588, 125097. DOI: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2020.125097.
- Zhou,Q., Shi, H.Y. *, Fu, Q., Li, T.X., Gan, T.Y., Liu, S.N., Liu, K., 2020. Is the cold region in Northeast China still getting warmer under climate change impact? Atmospheric Research, 237, 104864. DOI: 10.1016/j.atmosres.2020.104864.
- Shi,Y. *, Chen, J. *, Liu, S.N., Sivakumar, B., 2019. The role of large dams in promoting economic development under the pressure of population growth. Sustainability, 11(10), 2965.
- Li,Y., Li, T.J., Liu, S.N., Shi, H.Y. *, 2018. An efficient method for mapping high-resolution global river discharge based on the algorithms of drainage network extraction. Water, 10(4), 533.
- Liu,N., Shi, H.Y. *, Sivakumar, B., River discharge estimation with multi-source grid-based global datasets. Journal of Hydrology, under review.
- Liu, S.N., Yao, Y.Y. *, Kuang, X.X. *, Zheng, C.M., Characteristics of the river discharge in the upper region of the Yarlung Zangbo River basin. Journal of Hydrology, under review.
- Jiang, Z.P., Shi, H.Y. *, Liu, S.N., Zhou, Z.Q., Wang, Y., Evolution characteristics of potential evaporation over the Three-River Headwaters Region. Hydrological Sciences Journal, under review.