Assistant Research Fellow
- Climate dynamics and tropical meteorology
- Air-sea interactions
- Climate change and climate modeling
|2016||Ph.D. in Atmospheric Science, National Central University, Taoyuan, Taiwan|
|2010||B.S. in Physics, University of Science, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam|
|2018||2020||Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA|
|2017||2017||Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Atmospheric Sciences, National Central University, Taoyuan City, Taiwan|
12. Bui, H. X., and E. D. Maloney, 2020: Changes to tropical east Pacific intraseasonal variability under global warming – Implications for tropical cyclogenesis. Atmósfera, submitted.
11. Bui, H. X., and J.-Y. Yu, 2020: Impacts of model spatial resolution and the associated cloud radiative effect on the simulation of convective spectrum in the tropics. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, submitted.
10. Bui, H. X., E. D. Maloney, E. M. Riley Dellaripa, and B. Singh, 2020: Wind speed, surface flux, and intraseasonal convection coupling from CYGNSS data. Geophys. Res. Lett., 47, e2020GL090376.
9. Bui, H. X., and E. D. Maloney, 2020: Changes to the Madden-Julian Oscillation in coupled and uncoupled aquaplanet simulations with 4xCO2. J. Adv. Model. Earth Sys., 12, e2020MS002179.
8. Bui, H. X., and E. D. Maloney, 2019: Transient response of MJO precipitation and circulation to greenhouse gas forcing. Geophys. Res. Lett., 46, 13546-13555.
7. Bui, H. X., and E. D. Maloney, 2019: Mechanisms for global warming impacts on Madden-Julian Oscillation precipitation amplitude. J. Climate, 32, 6961-6975.
6. Bui, H. X., J.-Y. Yu, H.-W. Liu, C.-Y. Yu, P.-G. Chiu, and H.-H. Hsu, 2019: Convective structure changes over the equatorial Pacific with highly increased precipitation under global warming simulated in the HiRAM. SOLA, 15, 110-113.
5. Maloney, E. D., A. F. Adames, and H. X. Bui, 2019: Madden-Julian Oscillation changes under anthropogenic warming. Nature Clim. Change, 9, 26-33.
4. Bui, H. X., J.-Y. Yu, and C. Chou, 2019: Impacts of model spatial resolution on the vertical structure of convection in the tropics. Climate Dynamics, 52, 15-27.
3. Bui, H. X., and E. D. Maloney, 2018: Changes in Madden-Julian Oscillation precipitation and wind variance under global warming. Geophys. Res. Lett., 45, 7148-7155.
2. Li, K.-F., L.-C. Lin, X.-H. Bui, and M.-C. Liang, 2018: 11-year solar-cycle response in ionospheric electron density observed by GPS radio occultation. J. Geophys. Res.: Space Physics, 123, 848-861.
1. Bui, H. X., J.-Y. Yu, and C. Chou, 2016: Impacts of vertical structure of large-scale vertical motion in tropical climate: Moist static energy framework. J. Atmos. Sci., 73, 4427-4437.
1. Bui, H. X., 2020: Madden-Julian Oscillation – Increased impacts on US West coast, Nature Clim. Change, 10, 603-604. (News & Views)