Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Simulation of glacial inception and termination
- High resolution paleoclimate modeling
- Decadal predictions
- Drift correction of climate models
- Rainfall-SST teleconnections
|2017||Ph.D. The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia|
|2012||B.Tech. (Hons) National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, India|
|2018||Postdoctoral Researcher, IBS Center for Climate Physics (ICCP), Pusan National University, Busan, South Korea|
|2013||2017||Casual Academic, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia|
|2012||2013||Management Trainee Engineer, Central Mining Planning and Design Institute, Bhubaneswar, India|
Fellowships, Awards, and Honors
|2016||Highly Commended in 2016 Postgraduate Research Symposium, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia|
|2014||Postgraduate Research Support Scheme scholarship for presenting research overseas, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia|
|2013||Competitive UNSW Tuition Fee Scholarship (TFS), The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia|
|2012||Certificate of recommendation for progress at the European Commission FP-7 project CEOP – AEGIS and Advanced Training Course, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, India|
|2012||Best paper presentation at Rainwater Harvesting and Artificial Ground Water Recharge Seminar, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi, India, January|
- Choudhury D., Gupta A. S., Sharma A., Mehrotra R. and Sivakumar B. (2017). An assessment of drift correction alternatives for CMIP5 decadal predictions. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 122. https://doi.org/10.1002/2017JD026900
- Choudhury, D, A Sen Gupta, A Sharma, AS Taschetto, R Mehrotra, and B Sivakumar (2016), Impacts of the tropical trans-basin variability on Australian rainfall, Climate Dynamics, 10.1007/s00382-016-3405-z, 1-13.
- Choudhury, D, A Sharma, A Sen Gupta, R Mehrotra, and B Sivakumar (2016), Sampling biases in CMIP5 decadal forecasts, Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 121(7), 3435-3445.
- Choudhury, D, A Sharma, B Sivakumar, A Sen Gupta, and R Mehrotra (2015), On the predictability of SSTA indices from CMIP5 decadal experiments, Environmental Research Letters, 10(7), 074013.
- Choudhury, Dipayan (2017), CMIP5 Decadal Predictions: Implications for Australian Hydrology, Ph.D. thesis, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.
- Choudhury, Dipayan and Sahoo, Anwesha (2012), Rainwater Harvesting In A Typical Mine In Orissa, B.Tech. thesis, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, India.