The IBS Center for Climate Physics (ICCP) at Pusan National University (PNU) (South Korea) is currently seeking a highly motivated English- speaking Administrative Team manager for a period of 18 months. The start date will be November 1st, 2021, or later. The minimum gross annual salary will amount to 45,000,000 KRW, depending on experience and skills. The contract period will be limited to 18 months, which includes a 3- month probation period.
The Administrative Team manager will oversee and manage the fiscal and general administration of the ICCP and be responsible for procurement of scientific equipment and payment of salaries and incentives. The successful candidate will serve also as a liaison between the headquarter of the Institute for Basic Science in Daejeon, the administration of Pusan National University and the ICCP director regarding management, budget and compliance matters.
Job Qualifications and duties:
- At least 5 years of work experience in administration, preferably as a fiscal officer, auditor or in accounting
- Work experience at University desired, but not required
- Bachelor degree (minimum) or higher
- Excellent English and Korean skills (spoken and written)
- Proficiency in office management systems
- Flexibility and enthusiasm to work in an international work environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Assist ICCP director in budget management
- Serve as contact point between ICCP Director and the main administrations of IBS headquarter and PNU
- Maintain accurate files and records of fiscal transactions and documents
- Manage transactions and accounts on a regular basis
- Record and report transactions properly and accurately
- Ensure expenditures are conform with budget plans and fund type restrictions
The ICCP at Pusan National University (Busan, South Korea) is dedicated to advancing the understanding of natural climate variability, man-made climate change and their impacts on the hydrological cycle, regional processes, ice-sheets and sea level.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your English application to Ms. Jenny Choi (Human Resource Officer) at firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Administrative Team manager_name). Application deadline: October 26th, 2021. Interview period: October 27th-29th or later.